Lindenhurst Fire Department The Breslau Engine Company No.1 Union Hook & Ladder Company No.1 The Liberty Hose Company No.1 Chemical & Salvage Company No.2 Lindenhurst Chemical and Rescue Company No.1 Bay Rats - Hook Ladder & Engine Comapny No.2
Lindenhurst Fire Department


Upcoming Events

There are currently no events
View All Events

2020 Incidents
Jan 238
Feb 223
Mar 232
Apr 212
May 160
Jun 0
Jul 0
Aug 0
Sep 0
Oct 0
Nov 0
Dec 0
Total 1065

Web Counters
Website Visitors
Since
April 28, 2020
16,351
Visitors Today
Jul 04, 2020
206

Bay Company History

At a Lindenhurst Village Board meeting held on November 24, 1926, a petition was read to form a fire company for the protection of residents living in the southern part of the Village.  On December 6, 1926 it was decided the Company would be known as Hook, Ladder & Engine Co. No. 1.  Notice was received from the Village Board that the proposed officers were accepted, and the name of the Company would end with a No. 2 instead of a No. 1.

At their first meeting January 13, 1927, a decision was made to find and acquire a site for a firehouse south of Montauk Highway.  At the March, 1927 meeting, it was decided to accept an officer made by the Union Hook & Ladder Company to lease a lot in Babylon Park, on Adams Avenue, at the sum of one dollar per year.  That December, the company had its first Christmas tree and held a children's Christmas Party, a tradition still carried on.

In June, 1950, a movement was started for a larger building.  The Village Board budgeted $6000 for the purchase of a parcel of land and the partial construction of new building. Property on Lane Street was purchased and ground-breaking ceremonies for the new firehouse were held on November 9, 1952.  The building was complete ion 1953. 

The acquisition of a boat in 1981 marked the expansion of emergency operations performed by the "Bay Rats".  Training of Company members has been broadened to reflect the specialized rescue tactics involved in ice and water rescue.  The additional equipment used in these operations necessitated an addition to the firehouse which was complete in 1989.  This gave the members a large meeting hall, social room and office.

In 1990's an additional larger boat was donated.  The newest addition to the Bay Company is their High Water Rescue Truck which is used during storms and floods.  

Website Designed and Hosted By: Content Proudly Maintained By: Contact Info:
Firehouse Solutions
www.FirehouseSolutions.com
Lindenhurst Fire Department
225 S Wellwood Avenue
Lindenhurst, New York 11757
Emergency Dial 911
Non-Emergency: 631-957-7530
E-mail: info@lindenhurstfd.org
Copyright © 2020 Firehouse Solutions (A Service of Technology Reflections, Inc.)