Lindenhurst Fire Department The Breslau Engine Company No.1 Union Hook & Ladder Company No.1 The Liberty Hose Company No.1 Chemical & Salvage Company No.2 Lindenhurst Chemical and Rescue Company No.1 Bay Rats - Hook Ladder & Engine Comapny No.2
Lindenhurst Fire Department



Upcoming Events

12/02/2023 - 12/02/2024
Village Announcement

View All Events

2021 Incidents
Jan 243
Feb 221
Mar 252
Apr 224
May 197
June 206
July 244
Aug 275
Sept 247
Oct 259
Total 2368

Yearly totals
2020 2756
2019
2018
2017
2016
2015 2818
2014 2945
2013 2845
2012 3072
2011 2902
2010 2840
2009 2874
2008 2750
2007 2688
2006 2571

Web Counters
Website Visitors
Since
April 28, 2020
812,518
Visitors Today
Apr 24, 2024
333

Chemical & Salvage Company History

 

 

A petition signed by residents of the Sheet 4 section of Lindenhurst Village requesting permission to organize a Chemical Engine Company was presented at the November 24, 1926 meeting of the Lindenhurst Village Board. At a meeting held at the main Fire Headquarters on November 30, 1926 with 17 charter members present, the Chemical and Salvage Company No. 2 was organized.

 

 

 

 

The original firehouse was erected on 40th Street and became too small to accommodate the expanding Company. In August of 1957, a committee was formed to meet with the Village Board to discuss building a new firehouse on 39th Street on five lots owned by the Company. On August 24, 1958, the cornerstone of the new bulding was laid and dedication ceremonies for the new firehouse was on January 18, 1959.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Department History Pages

Website Designed and Hosted By: Content Proudly Maintained By: Contact Info:
Firehouse Solutions
www.FirehouseSolutions.com
Lindenhurst Fire Department
225 S Wellwood Avenue
Lindenhurst, New York 11757
Emergency Dial 911
Non-Emergency: 631-957-7530
E-mail: info@lindenhurstfd.org
Copyright © 2024 Firehouse Solutions (A Service of Technology Reflections, Inc.)